Any RAGE gamers working yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dekard, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

I know they are still trying to iron out the drivers issues, but haven't seen any macbook users get it working yet. I have tried 11.9 11.10 and the rage performance drivers and no luck getting it to run after 3 days. I hate to have spent 60 bucks and can't get the game to run at all.. :(

got the 6750m card

2. lee.anderson, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

I have the same card, but I finally got it working.

First, make sure you completely uninstall all the AMD drivers (including the catalyst control center). Restart, and then install the 11.8 drivers from here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/11/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=Windows%20Vista%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition&rev=11.8

After thats installed, get the updated rage drivers from here

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU121AMDCatRagePerfDriver.aspx

Restart, then it should work.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Been Playing It

On my iPad, but haven't tried it on my iMac yet....Judging by the above think I'll wait a while.

4. Dekard thread starter macrumors 6502

Dekard

Yep totally different game then the one on Ipad.. its windows only right now, so you'll need to bootcamp it. Got it working last night with Win7 64 bit plays awesome.. after 2 days of frustrations trying to get it to run.

5. waterhead macrumors newbie

Yeah I have it running. Macbook Pro 6,1 Mid-2010 with the nvidia 330m graphics, nvidia 285.38 drivers.

Framerate seems pretty smooth at 1280x720 resolution. It ran at 1080 but framerate was bad. Texture pop-in is very bad in some places, not noticeable in others.