Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Have a current X on IUP in UK. I haven't upgraded to Xs as for me not enough.

The Max is a possible although I went from a 7+ to an X and do like the size, although of course a big screen would be great obviously.

The Xr is a serious consideration for me, I know the differences and shortcomings to the X/Xs but am fine.

What I want to consider, putting cost aside, is the physical size though. As I said I like the X size for pocket friendly.

Wondering if any real size videos from the announcement with Xr and others, size on a spec sheet is still hard to judge I've found.

The Xr being in the middle might be the best comprise, bigger screen than my X, but not huge size.

Looked on YouTube and loads of Xr but nothing found with a look at Xr to Xs/Xs Max.

Thanks

Caspavio

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2018
Reactions: NJHitmen

Caspavio

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2018
No, as said been on spec sheets was hoping to see some better comparisons and remarks on the 2 together in videos maybe.

try my link. it is not a video, but it stacks the 3 phones together for comparison. you can also use the calibration function to view the phones in real life sizes.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Here is a link to templates to print out for 2018 phones. I used something similar when the 6 phones first came out. Use a thickish piece of cardboard, glue the templates down, and cut around with an Xacto knife. You now have something that is real close to real deal and can handle at home, pocket, to get an idea which one is best "handling".

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/...outs-see-which-size-is-right-for-you-0187351/

But in general, XR is a smidge smaller than a Plus phone.

And if not doing preorder, can always wait a week to actually touch an XR before upgrading.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
But in general, XR is a smidge smaller than a Plus phone.
Thanks, that's my dilemma. If it's not too much bigger may as well go for the 6.5".

Seen those size comparisons but only get true judgement by holding suppose.

What I could do is as I'm on IUP, pre-order Xr and go in 1/2 hr earlier and check out Max before I for Xr appointment, I've never been to see the Max yet, Apple store is a little way away for a pop in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.