Any Realtors Here?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NoCleverSNForMe, May 28, 2007.

1. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Are there any Realtors lurking this forum? If so, what Mac do you own? What software do you use?

Thanks! :)

2. Mantronix macrumors regular

My wife is a Realtor but she uses Windows. The software she use to search for homes for her clients can only run in Internet Explorer. She prefers Firefox but she has to use IE. As software she uses MS works, nothing Mac specific.

3. NoCleverSNForMe thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I hate that. The contracts program we use here requires ActiveX, which is IE-only. Top Producer is also Windows only.

If I want to use a Mac in the real estate world, I have to pay more (only wireless card-capable laptop is the MacBook Pro and I have to install Parallels + OEM Windows).

But whatever, it's worth it. Using a Mac makes me stand out from 99.9% of the Realtors out there, including the 95% who are hesitant to embrace technology. I can still use Pages, iPhoto, iDVD, etc.

I'll start saving up for it.

4. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

Install Parallels and you can run those Windows only apps. I do it all the time.

5. Mantronix macrumors regular

I'm going to attempt to switch my wife later this year. (That sounds kinky :p ) As long she can run MS office she'll be content on a Mac. She's been using MS for years I don't think she would want to start learning a new office program. If she needs to use IE for MLX then Parallels Desktop will take care of that. My goal in the next 3 years is to replace all windows based PCs/laptops in my home. I'm looking at 4 all together.

As for specific Mac programs for realtors I haven't heard of any. To be honest I don't know that many for Windows either.