Any reason 10.5 won't install on PowerBook running 10.4?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aniej, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I have a retail version of 10.5 Leopard that I have tried installing onto my PowerBook, but for some reason it never seems to install correctly. Long story short, the last time I tried to do this install I ended up getting the dreaded folder with blinking question mark.
    As a result, I did an erase & install with my original 10.4 Tiger disk and the PB is up and running just fine. I would like to install 10.5, and hopefully get it right this time, but I am at a loss for why a process I have done countless times continues to fail. Can anyone shed some light on this and offer up suggestions?

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

If you did an erase and install of Tiger, why not do that with Leopard, instead of trying the upgrade?

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

A reasonable idea, I'll give it a shot and see if it works out. Thanks.

4. juniormac macrumors newbie

Hidden Files

I'm using Mac os X 10.4, How to hide the files n I have external HDD with some hidden files n folders, I can't see them in Mac? Anyone can help?

Thx

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Hidden files? What kind of files are we talking about? The ".ds_store" files? Download the utility mainmenu and there is an option to show all hidden files.

http://www.santasw.com/

Attached Files: