Any reason not to upgrade ipad2 to 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by eekcat, May 26, 2011.

1. eekcat macrumors 6502a

My iPad2 is still on 4.3, and of course, there's no jailbreak out for the iPad2 yet -- but is there any reason I should hold back on upgrading it to 4.3.3? (if, for some reason, whatever jailbreak comes out only supports older firmware) :confused:

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It's more like, is there any reason to update to 4.3.3? If there isn't, just stay at 4.3, it's insuarance for if you want to jailbreak -- like you say, there's always the chance the JB will only work with older firmware.

3. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

there are a lot of factors in this...

• if you stay on 4.3(.1,.2) and you saved your SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella in time, then you are safe to upgrade and safe to restore.
    • if you stay on 4.3 and did not save your SHSH blobs in time, you better hope comex comes out with the jailbreak because a lot of errors occur when you don't restore first with many jailbreaks. funny tweet by comex about this issue.

this all depends on if they found an exploit that was patched by apple that was necessary ... and they absolutely cannot find any exploits in 4.3.3 ... since it seems that i0nic will be doing this, and he just received his ipad2 two days ago, i highly doubt an SHSH blob for 4.3.2 or 4.3.1 will be necessary.

but that may be my thinking about it because i have an iPad 2 with 4.3.3 :eek: