Any reason that I shouldn't do this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hellishness, Oct 16, 2010.

  1. Hellishness macrumors 65816

    Hellishness

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #1
    Ok, so I am eligible for an early upgrade 399/499 pricing with a 2 year contract renewal. From the looks of the market value, I could make over a hundred dollars by selling my 16GB and buying a new one. I want a 32GB really badly (didn't realize i would when I bought my 16GB), and I could make money off that deal too. Is there any reason that I shouldn't do this? Would it add two years to my contract, or just reset to two years (I'm fine with the latter)? I've had it since July 15th, so I just started my 4th month today. It doesn't sound like a bad deal for a new phone and a few bucks...will I run into any problems?
     
  2. Mliii macrumors 65816

    Mliii

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2006
    Location:
    Southern California
    #2
    It resets the two years, it doesn't add two more.
     
  3. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

    Hellishness

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #3
    So no problems? Will it screw up my eligibility in the future? All i really care about is that i can buy an iP5 in June for 499...
     
  4. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    #4
    I don't see why it would. It will reset the 2-year contract, as well as upgrade eligibility, so by June 2011 you'll be eligible for another upgrade.
    Good luck!
     
  5. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

    Hellishness

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #5
    Thanks, looks like I'll be getting a 32GB and maybe a bit of cash :)
     
  6. MacKai macrumors regular

    MacKai

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    Location:
    East Bay Area, CA
    #6

    How can you be eligible for an early upgrade if you only had your IP4 for 4 months? If you have had it since July, it has only been 3 months. Depending on how much you pay a month, you would have to wait at least 12 months. Which means that if you was to buy a new one it would have to be at the No Contract price.
     
  7. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

    Hellishness

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Bay Area, CA
    #7
    I just started my fourth month (november) today. I was surprised about the cheaper price, so I was curious. I only pay $75 a month...
     

Share This Page