Any reason that I shouldn't do this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hellishness, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Ok, so I am eligible for an early upgrade 399/499 pricing with a 2 year contract renewal. From the looks of the market value, I could make over a hundred dollars by selling my 16GB and buying a new one. I want a 32GB really badly (didn't realize i would when I bought my 16GB), and I could make money off that deal too. Is there any reason that I shouldn't do this? Would it add two years to my contract, or just reset to two years (I'm fine with the latter)? I've had it since July 15th, so I just started my 4th month today. It doesn't sound like a bad deal for a new phone and a few bucks...will I run into any problems?

2. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

It resets the two years, it doesn't add two more.

3. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

Hellishness

So no problems? Will it screw up my eligibility in the future? All i really care about is that i can buy an iP5 in June for 499...

4. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I don't see why it would. It will reset the 2-year contract, as well as upgrade eligibility, so by June 2011 you'll be eligible for another upgrade.
    Good luck!

5. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Thanks, looks like I'll be getting a 32GB and maybe a bit of cash :)

6. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

How can you be eligible for an early upgrade if you only had your IP4 for 4 months? If you have had it since July, it has only been 3 months. Depending on how much you pay a month, you would have to wait at least 12 months. Which means that if you was to buy a new one it would have to be at the No Contract price.

7. Hellishness thread starter macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I just started my fourth month (november) today. I was surprised about the cheaper price, so I was curious. I only pay $75 a month...