Any reason to go back to Tiger

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by PowerGamerX, Jul 23, 2010.

1. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

I doubt its much faster, but is there any real reason too. I have the install discs for both Tiger and Leopard for this machine (Early 2006 PBG4 12"). I kinda want to try just for ***** and giggles. Also flash seems to run a million times better on my friends equivalent model with Tiger.

Hmmm

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Specs of the Powerbook would determine what OS would run best?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Sure why not? Just make sure you backup your data and install Tiger as a new system. NOT an Archive and Install. I found that Tiger runs much better on my G4 Cube of similar specs to your Powerbook then Leopard did.

4. 76ShovelHead macrumors 6502a

76ShovelHead

Go for it. I personally think that Tiger was the best release of OS 10, and its so much more beautiful and professional than Leopard. The only reason i want Leopard is that the next versions of Audium and Firefox won't support Tiger.

PS the Powerbooks with Tiger look sexy :p

5. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I honestly don't see much reason to put Tiger on a Mac with better than 1GHz processor. If its the last PowerBook G4 like I think it is, its running at 1.5GHz with PC2700 RAM and a 64MB GeForce 5200. That is more than adequate for running Leopard nice and smooth. My 12" Powerbook at 1.5GHz runs beautifully with Leopard.