Any reason to have computer sent to store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jerryk, Jun 15, 2016.

1. jerryk macrumors 68020

Hi,

I am about to order a refurbished 2015 MacbookPro 15. It gives me the option of having the machine delivered to the store. The store is close by, walking distance, from my office. Is there any reason to have the machine delivered to the store versus my office?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The only benefit I see is that you can pick it up from the store when you like, whereas it will be delivered to the office on a specific time. Then again, if you're in a big office with a separate reception, they'll likely sign it for you and you can pick it up when you wish. At the Apple Store you may have to wait a bit, though, if it's busy.

3. jerryk thread starter macrumors 68020

Once thought. Can I inspect and reject it at the store. Also, can I add AppleCare at the store.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes and yes.

5. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

6. jerryk, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

jerryk thread starter macrumors 68020

It is in the mall across the street. I walk by it to get my morning coffee. Sometime I help people lug iMacs in from the parking lot to get them serviced at the Genius Bar.

It bothers me that there are always 2 dozen or so people waiting for the store to open with a broken device.