Any Reason to KEEP installer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Enigmafan420, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Thinking about getting rid of it, but keep thinking something is coming down the pipe some CENTURY.

Anybody got any ideas?

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

i for one hasnt used installer since 1.1.4 cuz cydia does the same anyway and is more stable on 2.xx imo

3. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

No.

I didn't even choose to install it when i quickpwned...IMO, it's pretty much dead, and there's no longer any competition between it and Cydia...Cydia hands down has a lot more support behind it.

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I don't install it anymore when I build my jailbroken ipsw's. Cydia is way better than I recall Installer being, and I've never really even given Installer a chance since going to 2.0 firmware.

I feel kind of bad, since it was king in the 1.x days. But it's no longer the top in my book.

5. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Okay then-is there an easy way to get rid of it?

If I SSH the phone-where is it installed and is it a manner of just deleting one framework (or file)?

6. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Still want to remove installer-what is the best way?

7. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Ugh, don't even get me started on Installer. On 2.1, it's slow, buggy, crashy, and it even propelled my iPhone into the endless reboot cycle (which I managed to fix w/o a restore).

8. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Love the DODGERS! I am an ex-southland guy! My three favorite baseball teams are the Dodgers, the Mariners, and whoever is playing against the Yankees. :eek:

9. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Finally figured out how to delete Installer. SSH into phone (I use WinSCP). Navigate to the var>stash>Applications folder and there you will see a folder for Installer.app. Just delete the entire folder. It deleted it from my phone. Now, whether it leaves behind any secret files or not, I dont know, but since I deleted all Installer.app files within that folder, it should do it. HTH