Any reason to restore with pwnage? Jb and unlocked i4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Oct 24, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I did tinyumbrella to preserve baseband on 4.1, limera1n for Jb and ultrasn0w for unlock on iPhone 4. Seems to work great.

Any advantage to restoring with pwnage tool? I probably will do this with 4.2 because with the tiny umbrella method I was scared I was going to mess it up (and need unlock for Europe this semester)

But it worked out well. And 4.1 fixed that nagging
    Proximity sensor issue.

2. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

So let me get this straight. You upgraded and unlocked fine using TinyUmbrella and you have no problems, so you did it correctly. But you're wondering why use Pwnage Tool? Pwnage tool is a Mac client specifically. If you used TU without any kinks, I would just keep using that route. I'm on a Mac and I used TU + LimeRa1n as well. The only kink I had was with the new TU (it was 4.1.10 when I used it), when I was stuck in Recovery mode, the option to kick it out of it was grayed out. So i had to open up an old version of TinyUmbrella to kick it out and it worked. I don't know if they fixed this problem though in the newest version.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

If you can hold off your impulse to make further changes to the phone until after your overseas trip it would be the best option. Do not upgrade to 4.2, do not redo the jailbreak with a different product.