Any reason why my calendar has duplicated?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Game 161, Feb 22, 2016.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

[​IMG] for some reason my calendar is doubling up on ones where I have used sports teams through team schedules on my calendar

Any reason why this has happened?

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I have three calendars on my phone, and that is exactly what mine looks like when I have the same event recorded in two calendars. Any chance that the team events are in more than one calendar? If you touch the events, it will bring up the calendar view, and from there you can see which calendars the events are associated with.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

it's on my iphone and ipad. So is this why you think?

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

You can have one calendar that is visible on both devices. You could also have a personal calendar, a family calendar, a sporting events calendar, etc. I am talking about the latter. The iPhone also has virtual calendars, like holidays and birthdays that do not have a formal calendar but are visible as calendar events.

Go to the calendar app on the phone, and touch the "Calendars" button at the bottom. This will list all of the calendars on the phone, and I believe that all of the calendars sync to the watch.

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah I checked it all and still comes up twice. Dunno unless it's just this sports team

6. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Go to the Watch app on your phone, select My Watch at the bottom left, select General, select Reset, and then select Reset Sync Data. This will clear the calendar entries on the AW and force it to re-sync. See if that fixes it.

7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

My hero ha

Yep it has fixed the issue. Many thanks for your help.