Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I skipped the first ipad and was always 100% set on buying the ipad 2 until I got my new 15" macbook pro the other week which I had no intentions of buying. It just was a random purchase and it's great, never had a laptop and its my first time using a Mac. I have an iPhone 4 which I like to use in bed to web browse and watch movies, well I don't watch movies on it no more since I got my macbook pro. My mac book pro has made me delete quite a few apps on my iphone like airvideo, streamtome and others that I no longer need.

Now I feel I have no need for an ipad anymore, it's main purpose would have been to stream movies, music with the apps mentioned above and bed web browsing.

macbook pro, iphone 4 and an iPad 2, to much?

marcellus7

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
No... you have to go full circle and complete your destiny with an iPad 2. It's magical luster and stylish engineering will do things beyond your wildest dreams. Next, Apple TV and TimeCapsule and your quest will almost be complete.. or will it?

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
I have an iPhone4 and brand new MBP. Sold my iPad a few weeks ago to get ready for the iPad2. I miss the iPad. While I love the MBP the iPad is great for a lot of things where to you don't want to have to mess with a full size laptop.

Believe it or not, the place I am missing my iPad the most is when I'm on the deck playing frisbee with my dog. I throw the frisbee for her about an hour a day, and it's just to much of a pain to sit in the chair with a laptop. The iPad is great for it.

I really do believe a MBP and iPad compliment each other great. The iPad is more for just browsing the web, reading articles, comics, etc. It is the perfect form factor for that. The MBP is for getting stuff done, and more processor intensive tasks.

I plan on picking up a 16gb iPad for sure tomorrow.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just got my new Mbp last Friday. Getting my iPad 2 tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.