Any recent experience with Miniot cover for iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rick America, May 27, 2011.

1. Rick America macrumors member

As with many, based on reviewing earlier threads, I have been very interested in the Miniot wood cover for the iPad2. While certainly functional, the covers from Apple just seem "cheap looking" somehow (to me, at least). The Miniot wood cover looks very nice especially at the same price as the Apple leather iPad2 cover.

However, I have been put off by many of the early user reviews here and on YouTube of the Miniot cover --- does not really work as smoothly as initially expected, magnets not strong enough, lack of magnetic hinges limits usefulness, etc. But most of these reviews were for the first shipments and alluded to future design changes and adjustments by Miniot.

Does anyone have any more recent experiences with this case? I would be interested in any more recent feedback or opinions you may have after having used the cover for several weeks.

Thanks all!!!

2. wjdrijfhout macrumors newbie

I don't think you will find many people with experience. I ordered one two months ago, and despite newly promised delivery dates, they've not kept their promises so far. Oh... they were able to take the money from my credit card.
    According to their website no-one who ordered in April or later has received one yet.
    Very bad customer service, let's hope the product is better.

3. xraytech macrumors 68020

PLEASE POST HERE!!!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1124349

4. Sdevante macrumors 6502

I, for one, am very impressed. High quality product, worth the wait. Check my review in the linked thread for more in depth review.