Any recent info on the June update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atomheartmother, May 25, 2008.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

Has there been any recent information on the June update, such as pricing or update features/apps/etc.?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

No. When it's available, though, I'm sure that it'll be on the front page virtually instantly.

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

We will know everything about the 2.0 June update on June 9th when Steve Jobs holds his Keynote at WWDC. He's going to thoroughly go through all the features, and 99.99% announce several new features!

I believe that the 2.0 software will be released to the public on June 9th several hours after Steve holds his Keynote.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Hopefully, but not yet known for sure.

They did say late June, and late usually means late with that company.

5. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, like June 30th :rolleyes:

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Well...
    "The five-day WWDC event, which runs from June 9 to June 13, will feature the first ever iPhone track for mobile developers with in-depth sessions and hands-on labs to fully explore the capabilities of the OS X iPhone 2.0 software, including the iPhone SDK and the App Store, a breakthrough way for developers to wirelessly deliver their applications to iPhone and iPod® touch users." From Apple's press release informing us about the WWDC keynote.

Very true, a boy can dream though. But also, from their press release after the March 6th event "Apple® today previewed its iPhone™ 2.0 software, scheduled for release this June" nothing about late June there.

And.. "Pricing & Availability
    Apple plans to release the final iPhone 2.0 software, including the iPhone SDK and new enterprise features, as a free software update for all iPhone customers by the end of June." By the end of June, so that could also include a release of early June.

Anyways, I'm just a dreamer trying to prove his point :eek:
    But I honestly believe Steve could surprise us with a release on June 9th. Making us wait this long, he damn well should. I mean, look at the Beta, wicked stable virtually no problems. Alright I'm done :D

All the best, and thanks for reading
    ~Austin~

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

I was just noting that it's possible that not everything will be in demos during the keynote.

I'm looking forward to iPhone 2.0 just as much as the next guy and I'd like a release in two weeks, but it seems doubtful. If you'll go back to the SDK introduction event, there was a slide toward the end of the presentation where it said "shipping late June." But you're right, we can hope.

8. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

I'm unfortunately aware of the "Shipping late June" slide :D

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

When Apple announced the last software update, how far back did the grace period go for people who purchased Touches, as far as receiving the update free? Did they have a grace period? I didn't pay any attention because I don't have one, but a friend of mine just bought one, so, as the Apple expert, it's now relevant to me. :)

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

I believe it was 15 days, the keynote was on the 15th (i think, feel free to correct) and if you bought yours in january, you could get the update for free

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Thanks, PMB.