Any recent iPod Touch hardware upgrades?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atomheartmother, Mar 26, 2008.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

Has Apple changed anything in terms of hardware or design of the Touches recently (as in since about October, 2007)?

Also, if I buy a used Touch, is it still covered under the 1 year warranty? It seems it should be.

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Just 1.1.4 is the latest, with 2.0 expected in june

3. atluten macrumors 6502

I believe there was a storage bump of the iPod Touch to a maximum capacity of 32 GB, but as for the other internals I'm not sure. Also, used models should still be covered the warranty.

4. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

Are you talking about software upgrades or hardware (internal stuff or design) upgrades?

5. Schnebar macrumors 6502

The only hardware updates have been an added 32GB option but the 16GB one did not change.

Maybe there was an update on the screen in the first few weeks because people had problems but there was no real hardware updates since october.

6. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

Was that screen problem resolved? When was it resolved?

Also, I've heard that there have been changes to the headphone output jacks. More specifically, the jacks on newer ones are recessed or something whereas the older ones aren't? Any truth to this?

7. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

No, they are all the same and not recessed. Only the iPhone has a recessed earphone jack.