Any Recent work done on VisualHub?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bmcgonag, Nov 2, 2009.

1. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I know this project shutdown a while back, a shame too, this was an amazingly easy, point and click converter, but it had tweakability if you wanted it.

I was wondering if any of you know if anyone has done any work on the files that the original creator left up?

I was looking at what's there, and it looks like a bunch of Cocoa and X environment files, that i wouldn't have the slightest idea how to compile together.

Anyway, drop a line if you know something good.

Brian

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

handbrake has been updated to make video hub sorta redundant

3. bmcgonag thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I just really liked Visual hub. I kinda hate that I paid $20 for it, and now it's not supported anymore.

It was dead simple. I know handbrake has presets, but adjusting the settings isn't quite as simplistic as visualHub, and VH seemed to work faster. Not always, but usually.

Thanks anyway

4. BertyBoy macrumors 6502

Yep, VisualHub had (has) Xgrid support and used multiple cores efficiently. I still use it on an 8-core Mac Pro. Never took to Handbrake.

The last version, v1.34 is only an 8MB zip file containing the compiled app. I'll check what's in it and remove any clutter. Post a disposable email address and I'll mail it.

5. bmcgonag thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I have the last version, but don't have my key. I upgraded but missed the preferences which is probably where the registration key was located.

I saw The last one listed, but it looked like it wasn't compiled, and was just a bunch of separate xCode files.

Are those listed completed pieces of software?