Any reliable iMac news/updates? Should one wait to buy?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bLiss, Aug 24, 2008.

1. bLiss macrumors member

bLiss

Haven't seen much in the way of iMac revision news so I thought I'd just throw the question out there. I'm tired of my MacBook and considering waiting til Christmas to get a 20" iMac. Wait? Or go for it now?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I don't think any of us know more then Page 1 right now.

3. faxao macrumors regular

4. bLiss thread starter macrumors member

bLiss

Mmmmm ok! :)

5. qzplx macrumors newbie

Is there any reason why should I go for it ?
    I've planned to buy it in the end of the month ?

Any advice would be appreciate :cool:

6. STYF macrumors member

I'm considering getting one now, only thing that is missing is bluray drive which all the dell rivals already have.

7. zedsdead macrumors 68040

The iMac was just upgraded a few months ago, and is not due again until the spring. Waiting until the end of the month simply will mean you do not have it until then.

As for Blu-Ray, it isn't even in the Mac Pro yet. Won't be in the iMac anytime soon.

8. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

The only real likely change (and it could be really unlikely) is a slower quad-core CPU BTO option and it will be anywhere from the same price as the 3.06GHz dual-core CPU to many hundreds more.

9. bLiss thread starter macrumors member

bLiss

BluRay in iMac would be important? Why? You wouldn't get a 20"-24" TV for your living room and watch BluRay.

10. NiroNavro macrumors regular

iMac?

Is the iMac really the only thing not getting an update in September? How sad.

11. m1stake macrumors 68000

It was JUST updated a few months ago, the updates coming up haven't been touched for 6 months to a year.

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

As was said before, Blu-ray on a 20 inch screen isn't full resolution, and Blu-ray on a 24 inch screen is virtually useless.

13. rajalot macrumors member

rajalot

I don't get this. Why are people asking this kind of questions? If you seriously need a computer right now, then by all means buy it. If you can wait max one month, then wait and buy then. Or if you are like me and can wait until next years autumn and until then work on a crappy ThinkPad T42 (which will reward itself as I'll go straight to Mac Pro ;) ) then do that.

14. lastochka macrumors member

I'll wait and see. They will probably update iMacs to a real montevina and faster processors in Sept.

15. zedsdead macrumors 68040

If you have a Macbook, then wait till Christmas incase Apple updates them, but honestly, as Macrumors says on Page 1, it would be a very marginal upgrade.

16. NintendoFan macrumors regular

Because if there is an update around the corner they will end up getting more for their money.