Any replacement Apple in ear buds from UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by badgerman, Jul 23, 2009.

1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

I lost my medium and cant find my large/small silicone apple in ear buds.

Did a search and all the solutions were US only.

Anyone found any in UK? Apple store did not know.

Thanks

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Maybe it's a little late to tell you, but I managed to speak to Apple Care in the UK yesterday who are arranging to send out a replacement set of buds for me (for free it seems).

Odd way to do things, but I had to give my iPhone serial number to them (worryingly is was register to someone else - which considering it's mine and was new on release day is a bit strange). They really seem to have no real idea about these buds, but if you stick it out you can get them to send some out. The truth about mine is the small buds had become loose and thy pop off if brushed up clothes easily. I found it bizarre that they are sending them out via UPS!

If your sorted then sorry to bring up the old thread, however it might be useful for others :)

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

D'oh Applecare fail. They sent replacement ear buds, not too sure what set of ear phones they are designed for, but certainly not the current model.

Got sent 2 sets of S,M and L.

/edit looking at the web they are for these old Apple in ear headphones....

[​IMG]

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Called Apple again, seems they are sending me a complete replacement set of headphones. Sound like a retail box as well. Which is very nice, but seems over the top. Still can't complain as it means I'll get a spare set of headphones as well :)

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

After missing a couple of UPS drops I finally have my replacement ear buds. Along with a free in ear set of head phones!