Any replacement for Reeder?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iRock1, Jul 25, 2013.

1. iRock1, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013

iRock1 macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Hi there.

Right now Reeder for iPad and OS X no longer exist. Only the iPhone version is still available and for free.

What's the best RSS client in your opinion, with RELIABLE syncing between iPad and iPhone versions?

Also a nice design is a must. Maybe it's hard to beat the king (Reeder) in that regard, but I really need some eye-candy when it comes to reading my feeds.

Cheers.

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Mr. Reader bar non. It was my favorite with Google reader and now without. Just sign up for feedly and import your Google reader feeds.
    Then sign in with Mr. Reader.

3. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Thanks, it looks awesome, bust still only for iPad. :(

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

The developer is working on new versions of Reeder for iPad and OS X. Exact dates are unknown but in the meantime, you can pick one of the supported services and put up with inferior free iPad or OS X client in the meantime.

I am hoping it would support NewsBlur, but in the meantime, I am using free Feedly.

5. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I'm aware of his plans on the iPad and Mac versions, but I've waiting for a damn long time, so now it's time to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

True. On my MacBook I use Digg with Fluid. I think Digg has the best feed aggregater at this point and using Fluid is almost as good as having a dedicated app. There's also a universal Digg app that's pretty good too. Overall I prefer Mr. Reader but Digg is the best solution if syncing is a priority.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have been using Newsify on both my iPhone and iPad. It uses the Feedly service to sync and works perfectly.

Recently discovered Readkit for RSS reading on OS X. Also syncs with Feedly.

8. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

I downloaded Mr. Reader — and so far it's the best "traditional" RSS client I've tried on the iPad.

I think I'm going to stay with Reeder on the iPhone and Mr. Reader on the iPad, using Feedly as syncing platform, though I'd prefer to have the same client on the iPhone, iPad and Mac.

9. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yeah Mr. Reader is so good on the iPad that I'm willing to forego a sync option. Although as I said earlier Digg is decent.

10. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

But if you use a platform like Feedly you could still sync Mr. Reader with some other client on the iPhone.

11. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yes I know that and that's how I use it. What I mean is having the same app on all my devices that syncs everything. For the most part it doesn't really matter because once a Feedly feed is marked as "read" it'll usually show up the same way everywhere else.

12. kastorff macrumors regular

kastorff

Previously I used Reeder on all three devices: Mac, iPhone. Now I'm using Feedbin as the back end with Reeder on the iPhone, Mr. Reader on the iPad, and ReadKit on the Mac.

I'm pleasantly surprised to be quite content with Mr. Reader and ReadKit.

13. nutmac macrumors 68040

From Twitter feed

14. iRock1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRock1

Then weeks will turn into months.

Thanks for the news anyway. Though I'll stay with Mr. Reader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

15. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I did see this and good news.