Any retail stores here in LA carry NLU BODYGUARDZ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UCLAkers, Aug 28, 2008.

1. UCLAkers macrumors member

so I decided on BODYGUARDZ for my 3G but would rather not have to wait for shipping from NLU. I hear they ship rather quickly, but want it ASAP if possible haha. anyone in the LA area see the BODYGUARDZ full film set at a retail store? I remember reading a few weeks back that someone saw it at their local best buy (but said might've been just front film and not full set).

can anyone help? much appreciated!

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

dude chill out (coming from a fellow bruin)

they only have the glass screen invisible shields at best buy

you are just going to have to wait

3. UCLAkers thread starter macrumors member

haha fellow bruin in the house.. how's it goin. but just wanna hurry up and slap some protective film on this bad boy. I did see the IS film for the front only that best buy had. blehh. I think I'll pass on IS.

4. capitation macrumors newbie

I recently saw it at a cart at the Irvine Spectrum (I think near the Barnes and Noble? and the carousel). It's the only place in SoCal that sells them retail. It's not exactly LA, but if you can't wait to have it shipped, it's "only" about an 1-2 hour drive from the westside, depending on traffic of course.

Oh, and he charges $35 for them, so there's the $10 markup you might want to consider too.

5. UCLAkers thread starter macrumors member

hey thanks for the info. but damn, a $10 markup on protective film?? that's terrible haha. I must say, irvine spectrum is quite far though. it's at least 45-50 miles away (each way of course) from the westside and may not be worth all the gas/traffic. what's been the average shipping time BG has been taking for you guys out there? thanks again for the info!

6. uberzete macrumors newbie

1) Go bruins
    2) Call the mfg. and see if they have a distributor in LA.

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

why not just pay for expedited shipping

i actually like my Invisible shield a lot

8. ismoker macrumors member

ismoker

try this out http://sgpstore.com
    they are located in LA im not sure they do offline sales
    i have it on my iphone and trust me, it really is better than IS or BG

9. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I second that - SGP shield is waaaay better. Not as orange-peely ad the IS, and 1000X easier to apply than the bodyguardz. You won't be dissapointed.

10. Linuss macrumors regular

So instead of ordering right now and getting it tomorrow.... you come on here and waste a day to find out if you CAN get it nearby?

11. UCLAkers thread starter macrumors member

no offense, but those SGP shields are HIDEOUS in my opinion. clear film is by far the best way to go sorry to say hehe.

well obviously at the time I was hoping I'd find a retail store in the LA area that carried it so I could get it the same day/ASAP. relax man, it's already been ordered. I won't receive it "tomorrow" like you're claiming cause I didn't pay extra for expedited shipping but it should be here soon enough.

12. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

SGP doesn't make a clear shield? :confused:

13. docprego macrumors 65816

I am guessing that he clicked through to their site, saw the metal skins on the home page and commented based on that. This thread however is talking about their full body protection simply called "SGP Shield for iPhone 3G"

http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/23_65/products_id/162

I have read nothing but praise for this shield.

14. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

Is it true there's a circle cut out on the back of the film where the Apple logo is? If so, that is ridiculous. The Apple logo is the easiest part on the back to get scratched...

15. docprego macrumors 65816

Nver seen this in any pics or videos of the shield applied.

Have a look, especially from 30 to 38 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dILbu_gcp-k

Also click my sgpstore link above, there is an image of the shield on that page, don't see any Apple logo cutout. Hard to be certain but it doesn't look like there is a cutout. That would be the stupidest shield idea ever anyway.

16. docprego macrumors 65816

17. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

mine and wifes with bodyguardz

Attached Files:

18. impact_blue macrumors regular

Are they Bodyguardz? or InvisibleShield? I coulda sworn it was the latter, but that was located outside the Apple store.