Any retail stores selling...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by drb1992, Mar 15, 2012.

1. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Other than Apple stores, are any retail stores selling the 3rd gen. 32gb iPad?

2. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

walmart 24hour stores

3. drb1992 thread starter macrumors 6502

drb1992

are you sure? I have heard that stores like Walmart and Target only carry the 16gb models.

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Why don't you go look tomorrow morning?
    You could be like the Christopher Columbus of Walmart. And then come back here and tell everyone.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Last year both sold various models, launch day choices were mixed. Same with Best Buy, albeit many had a larger stock on launch day.

If you have a specific device model/configuration in mind, your best bet remains going to an Apple store *early* and standing in line. Going to a third party risks them not having what you want.

(the very best bet would have been to preorder)

6. drb1992 thread starter macrumors 6502

drb1992

Unfortunately, I don't have an Apple store any where near me, so I am going to have to test my luck at Walmart and Target. By the way, I pre-ordered a 16gb iPad, but I changed my mind and decided to get a 32gb model. Currently, I am trying to sell my 16gb model on ebay. If it doesn't sell, I will just return it to Apple.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

If 32GB LTE try a Verizon or AT&T store, though no word on the latter for the morning.

Best Buy is likely the best bet for greatest quantity, then Target, then Walmart. Reverse this order for when to visit each.

The benefit with Walmart is you can try tonight, go hang out in the electronics section with a Slurpee at 10pm or so and see if you can get the people there to tell you what they have. Post pics to PeopleofWalmart.com with your phone to keep yourself amused. :)

8. crapbag8 macrumors member

are you in EST time zone? go to walmart at midnight tonight and report back!

9. drb1992 thread starter macrumors 6502

drb1992

Yes, I am in the EST. I might just do that.

10. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yes make sure you post while your in there. Pics would be nice. :)

11. mcorleone macrumors regular

mcorleone

About the Walmart midnight launch. Multiple sources said only the 16GB wifi version will be available. However one source said a Walmart spokesperson confirmed that versions vary from store to store. I called my local Walmart and they said they had the 16GB wifi only and the 64GB wifi/4G models available at midnight. From one extreme to the other. I'm looking for a 32GB wifi only model. Looks like I'll have to wait awhile since I have to be at work when all the other stores open in the morning. :(