Any retina owner can confirm this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rockbird, Jun 15, 2012.

1. rockbird macrumors member

Is the keyboard on the retina same as the legacy mbp? Trying to buy a keyboard skin. Thanks a lot:D

2. ihakim macrumors member

They changed the location of the power button and integrated it with the keyboard. Similar to the MacBook Air.

3. rockbird thread starter macrumors member

so you think a skin for the regular mbp will also fit nicely onto the new retina keyboard? thanks:D

4. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

I noticed the grooved bezel around the leyboard is smaller than the regular macbook pro's so Im wondering if the moshi keyboard cover will fit nicely...

5. rockbird thread starter macrumors member

i am worried about the same thing...:confused:

6. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Email the company and ask.

7. stevedusa macrumors regular

Also just let you guys know, I was using my infrared temperature gauge trying to locate the hot spots, it seems like two of them are the processor located between the "6", "7" and "Y" keys, while the graphic card is located between "2", "3" and the "F2" key.

The reason why I mention this is during high load, the surface of the keyboard gets above 115 F easily and I'd suggest keep those area ventilated, even though I'd love to use a keyboard cover as well.

8. rockbird thread starter macrumors member

will try that...

----------

interesting...does the bottom get really hot too?...

9. stevedusa macrumors regular

It only gets warm, not hot.

10. ihakim macrumors member

No I don't think it will fit. The RMBP keyboard has that one key difference. Although, if it replaced the eject key and is the same size as, it may work.

Air skins for the keyboard won't work either because the F1-12 keys are different sizes.

I don't have any older macbooks for comparison though, so don't take solely my word on this!