Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcs732

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
I've used the SGP STEINHEIL Anti-Fingerprint Screen on my 3GS. Thinking of using this when my new iphone 4 comes. I'd like to get the opinion of those who have this for their iphone 4. So far all I've read are reviews for the SGP Oleophobic and Crystal,

headcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
is there any difference between Anti-fingerprint and ULTRA OLEOPHOBIC?

While I only have the oleophobic, I can tell you that they will most definitely be different.

The oleophobic has an "anti grease" coating, just like the naked ip4 screen, that makes it easier to wipe away fingerprints and oil. It is CRYSTAL clear though (seriously, you can't even tell its on).

The Anti-fingerprint will be just that. It will virtually eliminate all fingerprints/grease from sticking in the 1st place but I can say from experience using the powersupport brand it will mess with the clarity of the iPhone's display.

With the retina being so amazing the choice was easy for me this time around :)

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I ordered the anti-fingerprint and that was a bad move. I had a hard time get the shield on and ended up messing up both of them. I noticed that the anti-fingerprint will also take away from the beautiful screen as well.

headcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Supposedly powersupport has revised their anti-fingerprint protector to be more compatible with the retina display. I hope so because I really hate wiping my phone off constantly :)

Will report back when I receive my front and back set from PS (includes a crystal and an anti for the front in addition to a crystal back).

tozfeekum

macrumors member
May 25, 2007
i got the SGP anti-fingerprint screen protectors, i put them on and within 5 minutes took it off. It makes the screen look like the screen of a 3gs model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.