iPad mini Any rMini sightings in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by roberticus70, Nov 14, 2013.

1. roberticus70 macrumors newbie

Hey there fellow Canadians, has anyone seen the retina mini anywhere in Canada -- either in store, or available for purchase in a store?

And for those who ordered online the morning it became available, does anyone have a delivery date earlier than the 19th?

Thanks!

2. OSMac macrumors 65816

Yesterday Futureshop said they had them in, none were setup yet.

3. roberticus70 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Dave-Z macrumors regular

If anyone is in the Burlington, ON area; I'd love to know if the Mapleview Mall Apple Store has retina mini's on display.

5. MTL18 macrumors regular

I ordered day 1 early in the morning. Mine is expected to arrive on November 20th (From Apple.ca). I'm East though, so anyone in Vancouver will likely get it 1-2 days earlier.

6. iNiqoro, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

iNiqoro macrumors newbie

iNiqoro

I went to Rideau Centre Apple Store in Ottawa today and they had a sign saying "iPad Mini with Retina on display". When I have asked a guy in "blue" t-shirt :) where can I see them, he said they are not on display, which confused me because the sign said that they are on display.

But then, he asked me whether I wanted to buy one, and I think what he meant was that they are in store (limited availability) but not shown on display. So technically, I think you can buy it there.

I have ordered mine with expedited shipping on the first day, and its now on the plane to Anchorage, which is the place where they go through customs. Delivery date, was 18th, but now it's not even there. The place is supposed to get to Anchorage today at 1pm, so if I am lucky I might get it by Friday.

7. katmeef macrumors 6502

They have them on display and I bought a 32 gig wifi there yesterday. You have to use the online reservation system or they'll refuse to sell you one.

8. Dave-Z macrumors regular

Thanks!

9. roberticus70 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again to the poster this morning who pointed out that futureshop had them in stock. I'm in the interior of BC and my local FS had six of the new 16gig models in stock, which was just what I was looking for. Would not have thought to call them if it hadn't been mentioned...

Am writing this on the new rMini. Not sure what to make of it yet. Feels much different from the first mini. Thicker, denser, heavier. Not having any issues with the screen though. Very crisp.