Any rumors on a Hi-Fi update?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kavika411, Apr 14, 2007.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I need portable speaker, and I like the look and sound of the Apple Hi-Fi, even if it is a bit pricey. I may even buy one today. My only concern is that it's been out for over a year without an upgrade, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any scoop or thoughts on when the inevitable upgrade is coming and/or what the upgrade will be. Thanks.

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Not sure it's a hint of an upgrade, but I just noticed this morning, that the price of a refurb'd Hi-Fi went down from CDN$329 to CDN$259.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

i'm not sure what the inevitable upgrade would be?

as far as i know the hi-fi has been pretty much error-free. with a product that doesn't have many problems then i wouldn't expect to see any drastic upgrades, obviously apple could add some speaker upgrades, but iThink a check to see what apple might do, is look at all the 3rd party speakers, b/c let's remember apple was one of the last to get into the market of iPod speakers..

4. Mossman macrumors member

Highly recommended

I doubt there will be an upgrade IMHO, so get in there! they do sound fabulous :)

5. wattso macrumors regular

I expect the eventual update to support wi-fi streaming. But just get it now ;)