Any rumors on iWork 2012?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by altecXP, Dec 21, 2011.

1. altecXP macrumors 65816

While I still like 09 and it does what I want its starting to feel a bit long in the tooth. Any rumors on '12 coming out early next year?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What does that mean? If it does what you want, how is it feeling long in the tooth? :confused:

3. ratboy90 macrumors 6502

ratboy90

Well pretty much that it's iCloud incompatible

4. jackhdev macrumors 6502

They should make it iCloud compatible. Straight from Apple: "iCloud stores your music, photos, documents, and more and wirelessly pushes them to all your devices. Automatic, effortless, and seamless — it just works." That's great, but what about other users that just have an iPhone and a Mac? If they don't have an iPad, then until Apple upgrades the Mac version of iWork the document syncing feature of iCloud is useless.

5. coughalot macrumors newbie

Agreed.

iCloud is no better than fruxx with dropbox IMO at the moment. The usual shiny Apple-spin hides the fact the iWork apps on OSX aren't iOS and vice versa compatible and trying to round trip files between OSX and iOS is ridiculous. Have a look at the iWork files in ~/Library/Mobile Documents and wonder why... why...why...

Heck, why can't iOS edit a file on an external mount - WebDAV for instance, directly?

Sometimes, we never seem to move forward, just differing degrees of sideways.

I hope Apple pull their **** together soon, as its likely Windows 8 tablets/desktops with Office apps won't have this problem.

6. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I like iWork. I think it's nice, easy to use and not as complicated as MS Office. What I really want is more shapes.. especially 3D shape.

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The alpha software is out there in very limited distribution with iCloud support.