Any scratches after using Apple Leather Case with your iPhone 5/5S/6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maxap, Sep 19, 2014.

1. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Guys,

I was wondering whether you had any scratches/dots/etc. after having used an official Apple Leather Case with your iPhone. I don't worry about possible scratches you may get when dropping your phone (it is your own problem then), but those scratches you get because of the case itself.

From my own experience, I know that dust particles can get between the phone and the case and leave marks on the phone. Apple Leather Cases, however, have a soft padding on the inside, so maybe it isn't a big deal.

So, how does your iPhone 5/5S look after having lived in the abovementioned case for a couple of months/years? I guess it is too early to speak about your experience with the iPhone 6.

2. richardm0225 macrumors newbie

I've actually been using Apple's leather case for about nine months now and my 5S is perfect. I know what you mean using hard plastic cases really messes your phone up.

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I've had it in there for exactly a year and it looks freaking flawless. Loving the same one for my Plus.

4. blaugrana69 macrumors regular

I've been wondering this too as I've just bought the Apple leather case for my 6. I'd Seen listings on ebay for the 5s, Apple Leather cases included, where the buyer had made reference to slight scratches - obviously that does not necessarily mean it was the case.
    Had a bad experience with my 5 - the worst scratches I got were when it had the Apple bumper on, so little wary of cases since.

5. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

No. The suede interior really does a nice job.

6. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Good to know the leather is not a scratch manufacturer.
    I like to put a skin on the back before the case goes on anyway.

7. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

Great, I hope that dust particles getting in the case will not scratch my phone either.

8. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

Guys,

Don't you worry about the fact that there is no suede material on the sides inside the leather case? Imagine dust particles getting between the leather and the phone. Hmmm...

9. DancyMunchkin macrumors member

No I don't.

Once installed, how could dust particles get in there?

How would you know if they did without taking the case off?

And if you take the case off, then how would you know the dust particles didn't get in when you took the case off?

Or,, hopefully, your post is a spoof.