Any scree protectors that stop fingerprings but dont reduce screen quality?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bbplayer5, Jul 31, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I used to have the one from the Apple Store that I liked very much, but it made the screen a bit grainy. Are there any protectors that make it easier for your finger to slide on the screen, reduce fingerprints, and doesnt reduce image quality?

2. soccerb12ku macrumors member

power support anti-glare film. it makes the screen a bit darker but not too noticable.

3. slapppy macrumors 65816

I've tried that with both the iPhone and Touch. It makes the screen grainy. After a couple of weeks, I took it off. The newer PowerSupport crystal screens a less prone to fingerprints. You still have to wipe often, not as much as before. I can live with the occasional wipe and fingerprints. I just couldn't stand the grainy screen of the anti-glare sheets.

4. mntentman macrumors regular

I have tried both Power Supoot ani-glare and Crystal film. Both are a tradeoff, but I prefer the Crystal by far. The anti-glare has a nice feel, is really anti-glare and makes the touch screen work very well. It does not pick up fingerprints much. But, there is a graininess to the screen that is very apparent especially on a white background. For some, no big deal. But for web surfing or watching videos, it clouds the screen too much for me. I went back to the Crystal, which does require a fair amount of cleaning, but you can't even tell it is on there.

5. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

The closest you can get is a screen protector that has a matte finish (but so far I haven't seen any). The glossier the finish the more the prints will show. I doubt any screen can "stop" fingerprints. It's just something you have to deal with on a pretty device like the iPhone.

6. mntentman macrumors regular

Don't you consider the Power Support anti-glare to be a matte finish?

7. bimmerchop macrumors regular

I'm happy with the DLO Surface Shields, picked it up this morning at best buy, $15 gets you 5 shields

8. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Never used it so I can't say what kind of finish it has. I imagine though it is much less glossy to achieve the anti-glare feature.

I personally use the Power Support Crystal film. The fingerprints don't bother me too much...I just keep a cloth handy where I work.

9. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

I dont want the clear one because it will get prints just like the regular screen... plus the regular screen really doesnt scratch.. my first day iphone from a year ago has 0 scratches on the screen.

Im looking more for ease of use with the screen, anti-glare, and no prints.. guess that isnt going to happen haha.

10. donster28 macrumors 65816

I use the Power Support anti-glare. I really don't mind the 'grain'. It's a small price to pay to avoid wiping my screen after every single use.

Dust doesn't settle on mine that much anymore too. :)

11. Ouhei macrumors member

I want the same thing.

I had the PS anti-glare and the image quality wasn't good enough.

I bought the DLO shields but they seem to be different from the ones described in the thread about them here. Mine are exactly like the PS anti-glare.

12. badgerman macrumors 6502a

I got the 3G full body films protection pack, Its the same screen as PS. I use the antiglare and its great, feels really good and no smudges. I have not noticed any significant grain. I think its differnt to the old iphone screen material

13. HouseofG macrumors member

The grain is definitely there with PS anti-glare, but it doesn't bother me. The tradeoff is that I very rarely feel the need to wipe the screen clean and never see fingerprints, which is quite amazing. And I like the feel/responsiveness.

Probably still going to get the PS crystal just to compare.