Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grholden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Hi,

Been searching through a few screen recorders for Mountain Lion compatibility and come across some good options, but haven't come across ANY yet that have an AutoPan feature (where you select a region, but then that region is followed by your mouse), similar to that one in CamStudio (Windows) that I used to use.

Does anyone know of any software that does have AutoPan?

Thanks.

Tea-Aholic

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Does anyone know of any software that does have AutoPan?

I don't know of any screen recording software that has autopan, but I use QuickTime X as the screen recorder and then set control + mouse scroll to zoom in on the screen. It works quite well if you choose the zoom setting you like the most.

mac-screen-zoom-4.png

grholden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
I don't know of any screen recording software that has autopan, but I use QuickTime X as the screen recorder and then set control + mouse scroll to zoom in on the screen. It works quite well if you choose the zoom setting you like the most.

Thanks - I will give that a try :)

grholden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks very much - this kind of works for me.

But, I am still wondering if anyone knows of any screen recorders with Autopan? It'd be really useful to me.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.