*ANY* Scrolling = beach ball Hang, especially in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jadot, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jadot macrumors 6502

jadot

It's driving me nuts!
    It seems that whichever way (Natural vs 'Normal') I set up for scrolling, I'm asking for trouble.
    In Safari, roughly 80% of the time I have to scroll up or down a page I get the spinning beach ball until it decides to jump to where I was trying to scroll to. There's nothing fluid about it at all!

Look, we all knew there were going to be a few bugs, but this one makes it infuriating to do simple tasks.

In other news, Aperture seems to have suffered a little, especially in Full Screen Mode.

Live through it, hope they fix it, I guess.

2. nick123222 macrumors member

I suppose you have tried restarting your computer?

3. jadot thread starter macrumors 6502

jadot

Yes, that was the first thing I did anyway after all of the updates - iTunes, iWork et al.

4. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Can you post specs?

CPU, RAM, HDD (type, size, space, speed), GFX Card

Also a screenshot of Activity Monitor.

5. jadot thread starter macrumors 6502

jadot

2.93 iMac, 8GB, 640GB ETC.
    Sorry I haven't got the time to run this through activity monitor and all that - I just wanted to know if anyone else had the problem, or at least flag the issue up if it is a bug.

6. iJeremy macrumors member

iJeremy

I'm having exactly the same issue on my 2010 MacBook Pro and 2010 MacBook Air 11 which I ininstalled Lion on 2 days ago.

7. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I have a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB late 2009 iMac. Everything is running very smoothly, and it seems just as fast.

8. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Yeap, it's a known issue with me, Snow Leopard did it too. If you notice it usually works fine until you put the computer to sleep a couple of times then it drops in performance and lags like nothing.
    Typing this text lags as well...

If you install Chrome with all of it's flash blockers you will most likely find it works ok. It's because Safari is IMO crap, or their is some major bug I don't know what.
    I bet you have about 10 tabs open and you tube or something?

9. joshmacbosh macrumors member

joshmacbosh

I only get this problem with some websites not every web page i visit. Visiting the same webpages on firefox though is a pleasure.

10. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

I just went to - Help\ Installed Plugins - and have now removed DivX and Flip4Mac cause of this. Will see how it goes... so far so good. If Safari works stably (I do have Beta Flash 11 installed) then I may ditch my flash blocker.