Any ShoulderPod S1 users here?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by redshifted, Oct 27, 2014.

1. redshifted macrumors regular

redshifted

I just ordered one as it seems to support the iPhone 6 and 6+ even if using a thin case. I use the Apple Silicone case on my 6+ and this is the first tripod adapter that I've found that seems like I won't have to remove the case to attach to a tripod. I plan to use it for longer exposures, SlowShutter, video and time-lapse.

http://www.shoulderpod.com/shoulderpod-s1/

Anyone with experience using this product care to share their insights?

Ed

2. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I have one coming this week, I'll post some initial thoughts once it arrives.

3. redshifted thread starter macrumors regular

redshifted

Sounds good, mine is due later this week as well.

I was testing out Slo-Mo and Time-lapse today by holding my 6+ against my tripod's mounting plate. Some very cool imaging capabilities in those modes.
    I'm looking forward to using the ShoulderPod as soon I get it.

4. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Apparently it wont be coming this week, Amazon emailed me that they don't have any and don't have an eta.

5. redshifted thread starter macrumors regular

redshifted

It looks like I should get mine first then.
    I ordered direct from them and my order info
    said I'd be getting it on Thursday.
    But then again, I haven't gotten any confirmation
    or shipping emails yet. My card was charged.

6. awad macrumors member

[​IMG]

i've got one. here's a couple photos of it in a spigen slim armor case on a 6+.

i'm a big fan of it. i rarely carry my tripod around casually, so i've just been using it as a stand alone table tripod and it's been great.

when i do have my tripod, the plate attaches easily and it's super secure.

also, there is a ton of room for cases regardless of size. here's a photo of it attached to a 6+...box. so needless to say, it'll fit almost anything.

[​IMG]

7. redshifted thread starter macrumors regular

redshifted

Thanks for the pics,

It looks like exactly what I'm looking for. If it'll hold the 6+ box maybe it'll hold the 6+ in the currently vaporware lifeproof case ;)

8. redshifted thread starter macrumors regular

redshifted

Sorry to take so long for an update.

I got mine on Monday the week after I started this thread. It shipped out from the Amazon warehouse in Louisville, KY as far as I can tell. It seems that the way to get one is to order directly from Shoulderpod.

I haven't had much time to use it much but it seems to be a good product for what it is. The iPhone 6+ (with the :apple: silicone case) cranks the clamping mechanism out to almost it's maximum extension but it seems secure enough.

I'm currently dealing with a thrice-broken/repaired MBP so I can't share some time-lapse or Slo-Mo video yet. It's currently back at :apple: for some more repair work. But - the Shoulderpod definitely works at securely attaching an iPhone 6+ to a tripod and as a table stand for Face Time duties.

Time-lapse is a lot of fun and gives me a lot of creative ideas.

Ed

9. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

This is in my wish list. Just wanted it to be available last week before my Punta Cana trip. #