Any significant reason to update iPad 2 to iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by joshwithachance, Sep 19, 2012.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Like the title says, is there any good reason to update a jailbroken iPad 2 to iOS 6? Just curious, because I'm debating it since I don't really use much jailbreak tweaks on my iPad.

2. Cycledoc macrumors newbie

Cycledoc

ipad2 why I'm not upgrading

I'm trying to think of a reason why I should upgrade and can't think of one. I use google maps; I don't plan to use my ipad ala passbook; there is no seri; I definitely don't want MORE facebook integration and so on.

Finally, I've been an Apple user for thirty years and find their approach overbearing and big brotherish....I could have certainly decided for myself the optimal default map app.

3. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

The only major feature that I can think of at the moment is tighter integration with iMessage. Assuming you're using an iPhone with iOS 6, updating to iOS 6 on your iPad will allow the iPad to receive messages that are directed to your phone number. This only applies to messages sent via iMessage, not standard SMS texts. The iPad will also be able to send messages that look like they originate from your phone number, as well. It makes iMessage a lot more useful.

Sort of in line with text messages, iOS 6 adds a "do not disturb" feature that is quite nice. If you get a lot of texts during the night, Do Not Disturb is a very nice feature.

4. nephron8 macrumors regular

iOS 6

I upgraded my sister's 64gb 3g ipad to iOS 6 .
    this solved her problem of browser issue and she is now happily using her iPad.
    so far so good.

but agree about maps.
    we should have default choice.

5. Still100 macrumors regular

There is Siri on iPad iOS 6 but google maps is more important to me and so is the speed of the iPad.

6. Still100 macrumors regular

There is another useful feature which is safari can manage up to 24 tabs I heard.

7. AndrewS macrumors member

8. kleistra macrumors newbie

There's no Siri on Ipad 2, which is what this thread is about.