Any Snowboarders Here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iz2sick, Oct 25, 2011.

1. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Yes, I will be plugging a couple of sites including a blog my friend and I do all related to snowboarding.

So who here snowboards? More specifically, are you a gear whore like me?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

MOD NOTE: Check the Forum Rules, Self Promotion of sites is not allowed, except in signatures.

With that out of the way, I used to snowboard, but it has been over 10 years since I have been out. With my bad knee, I don't know if I ever will again.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Missed last season due to, well, I was lazy. But I have a trip coming in early next year out in Colorado :D

My gear is pretty simple (I have way too many expensive hobbies :eek:)

Attached Files:

4. iz2sick thread starter macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Not really promoting anything lol. I don't get anything from people reading the blog I review on. It's just gear reviews for those that are interested in snowboarding gear.

The other link would be to a snowboardingforum where the crowd is pretty mature and help with snowboarding related topics is aplenty.

You think that will break the rules? I'll hold off on links if so. None of these are retail sites.

And how can you be too lazy to snowboard??? That's BLASPHEMY h1r0ll3r!!!

Here are some of my pics. Can't wait till this season!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Beginner snowboarder, here. Just started last winter along with my family. My 11 year-old son is amazingly good. Colorado is a great place to board.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Been getting season passes for the last 10 years here. Helps when you are within a few hrs drive of alot of major resorts out here

7. jwingfie, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

jwingfie macrumors 6502a

jwingfie

I used to be a huge snowboarder. Lived in Colorado for 8 years and went to the mountains every weekend during the winter. I've been to just about every mountain you can think of in Colorado and have spent some time boarding in Sun Valley Idaho, Utah, and even went to Mt. Hood in Oregon one summer.

I have since moved to the South and sold all my gear though :/

8. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I moved to the south as well. I try and make it back up one a year though.

Last year went to Keystone and Telluride.

I have a black 686 board. Burton Boots.

9. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

I wish I could. I have never been because I live in Nashville where we get no snow, and the closest mountains are 4 hours away. I want to so bad though.

10. iz2sick thread starter macrumors 6502

iz2sick

I'm always envious of those who live near big mountains. I'm in Michigan so the biggest we have in the mitten is like 800vert with mile and quarter being the longest run.

Needless to say, when I went to Tahoe last year, I rode my heart out at Mt. Rose, Boreal, and Diamond Peak. All local spots, but that meant no crowds. 90% of the time, there was no one around but me, my wife, and sis-in-law... it was great. And oh man, the dumpage they got when we were there. 2ft+. Sounds light for you big mountain riders, but anything over 1ft is a big deal here in MI lol.

I can't wait until my son is riding age. It's going to be a blast riding with him :D