Any software that can monitor file changes in the hard drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LiquidHarmony, Dec 19, 2009.

1. LiquidHarmony macrumors newbie

I'd be grateful. I hate not knowing what's going on in my hard drive.

I'm not sure if this can help me find the huge file that iTunes is downloading that keeps starting every freaking time it starts up, so I can delete it, and I'm not even sure that if I managed to delete it whether it will stop iTunes from trying to download it again, but such software would be helpful regardless.

Thanks in advance.

2. TheHumphries macrumors member

http://www.id-design.com/software/whatsize/

WhatSize will scan your hard drive and then break everything down for you. The only bad part is it isn't free. They used to have their demo/free version that would but it doesn't do that anymore but for $12.99 it isn't too costly to know EVERYTHING on your computer.

If there are free ones out there like this app, I'd love to know. Anyone else?

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Has Disk Inventory been discontinued? If so, or you're having trouble with it, GrandPerspective is very similar.

But on your iTunes question ... Could it be a video you might have wanted? Some of them are huge. Your easiest route could be to launch iTunes, walk away for 10 or 20 minutes, then come back and look for video/podcasts you don't want and delete them.

mt