Any solution to maintain WiFi connection when getting out of sleep mode?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slo-climber, Jun 30, 2014.

1. slo-climber macrumors member

Hi.

I have late 2013 rMBP with Mavericks 10.9.3. I have a "problem" that when I get out of sleep mode, WiFi connection is not established for let say 20 seconds. Is this normal? Is it possible to not lose the connection while sleeping?

Thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. 5to1, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014

5to1 macrumors 6502

Same problem, wifi indicator shows its connected, but its not. Worse still if I go to a webpage before its connected properly it seems to hang for longer. I just end up disconnecting and reconnecting wifi if I'm in a hurry. Coulpled with the occasional black screen if you resume when its just gone to sleep, this has put a slight dent in my faith with Apples sleep/wake, as up til now I've always found Apples sleep/wake flawless and leagues ahead of any other machines I've owned/used.

4. Ardmanz macrumors regular

Mine does this only when bluetooth is turned on.

I've just seen on the front page that the new mavericks update addresses issues with connecting to wifi when coming out of sleep. Hopefully the update will fix it for everyone (it seems quite common).

5. Bri in Mtl macrumors member

So far I'd say my WiFi reconnect after asleep mode has improved with the new update.
    Haven't tried it with the Bluetooth on yet. Will later.

6. Nr123*123 macrumors 6502

My late 2013 rMBP still hangs for 20 seconds after the 10.9.4 update.

Quite annoying but unlike before the update, it does connect eventually.

7. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

I;ve found its improved greatly with the new update

8. priitv8 macrumors 68030

Never experienced such problem with any of my MacBooks (2x 2006 MB, 1x 2008 Unibody MBP, 1x 2011 MBA, 1x late 2013 MBPr) and any OS X versions with my AirPort Extreme basestations (there have been 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen).
    Have you tried to update also basestation firmware?

In the early days my 2006 MacBook did not want to stay connected to old D-Link DI-524 at all. Updating the firmware solved this problem for good.

PS New MacBooks completely shut off their radios while sleeping on battery! If you connect AC power and set computer (not display) to never sleep, you should be able to achieve the permanent wireless connection to basestation.