Any Songbird users out there?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Emkooda, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Emkooda macrumors newbie

Although I am generally very pleased with iTunes, I suspect I am not the only one excited by the potential of a Mozilla-based Songbird as an open source, addon enabled music player alternative.

Thus far I have found it too clunky and unresponsive to use as a replacement, but I eagerly await its development. I have also found the Songbird team to be very responsive to feedback and queries, which is a good sign.

Has anyone here had much experience with it? If so, what do you consider to be its virtues and downsides?

2. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

just downloaded it today. so far, pretty impressed.

want to see how it handles FLAC files, and how the iPOD interface works

so far, looks good

3. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Ars Technica just gave Songbird another shout-out [Ars Technica]...going so far as to say that it is "definately" a replacement for iTunes.

I was wondering if any of the users out there could tell me if you can import your iTunes database and have Songbird chop through it to populate its own Library? The reason I ask is because I have put a considerable amount of time into rating my music so that I can listen via the rating system and I would hate to lose all that data (which is apparently locked up in Apple databases).

4. songcunzhi macrumors member

songcunzhi

Songbird can import songs from itunes library definetely. But I haven't heard anything about the rating system.