Any store in Manhattan That Won't Spit in your Face?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sonybd, Feb 6, 2016.

1. sonybd macrumors newbie

Has anyone ever had a good experience recently at a Genius Bar in NYC, if so, where?

So long story short, I've had to get the retina screen on my Macbook Pro replaced 3 times. Going back from about 6 weeks after initial purchase, to last week (about a year and 6 months after purchase). I've gone to the Grand Central Store every time because it's on my way to work and there aren't any stores in Brooklyn.

But after this week I really can't take it anymore. The service at that store, in my experience, is just absolutely horrendous.

Normally I could handle the rude associates, but I've had to go in 4 times this week has they've decided to replace the logic board in addition to the screen, and the usual 45 minute - 1.5 hour wait passed my appointment time is getting unbearable considering I go either before or after work, or in between classes. I've had to leave twice, which is only dragging out the experience.

Moreover, I have no faith in the technicians as after the first visit the technician did something to the laptop which made it search for a network drive or something on default, which made it take 3-5 minutes to power on every single time. Which took forever to figure out how to fix. Which was irritating as ****, and I'm sure something he could have prevented in 5 seconds instead of being careless.

And I'm sorry, I don't know who's been spouting that choice-supportive nonsense about 'if you have Applecare they treat you nicely in the store', but that's a ****ing myth (at least I hope it's a myth, because I can't imagine how they treat people without Applecare if this is their 'nice'). I get Applecare is expensive and

I haven't had too many other experiences with a different Genius Bar in Manhattan, but they haven't really been stellar either.

Once in the Soho store they asked me to provide proof of purchase for my (covered under Applecare) iPhone before they'd service it. Which was ****ing weird and, I don't think I'm being paranoid to think, probably pretty racist.

I still need to service my laptop, but refuse to go back to Grand Central. Any suggestions on a satisfactory Genius Bar?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've only had an issue at the Apple Store once, but I don't live in New York.

If you're unhappy with the service at the Genius Bar, contact AppleCare directly and send it in for service.

3. prospervic macrumors 6502

prospervic

I've always gotten friendly and excellent service at the newest Manhattan store, which is on the upper east side. Never even the slightest hint of anything "racist". But then again, I never expect that kind of treatment (I'm not saying you do), and I very rarely receive it.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I've always had great service at the 5th Ave flagship store. But I never had problems as extensive as yours, and that store is full of tourists, which I figure tourists get better treatment. Never been asked for proof of purchase though, nor experienced racism.

5. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

556fmjoe

Can't help you with finding a good store as they have all been fine for me. I've never experienced racism at one either. I'd just pick the closest store that isn't the one you've had problems with.

The network drive might be in your login items list.