Any stores selling the new, wired keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by blakespot, Aug 9, 2007.

1. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

Anyone seen the new, aluminum, WIRED keyboard (with number pad) in any local Apple Stores? Trying to decide whether it would be quicker to order online or wait for them to show.

Yesterday, local stores were saying "soon" for in-stock, but today I heard a "3-5 weeks."

Please post if you've seen one for sale in the wild. Thanks.

blakespot

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Yeah, we have it in our local stores here in MN.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

3-5 weeks is for the wired. I haven't seen any wired ones in NoVA yet though, and I've been keeping an eye out. I'd have ordered one last week but you'd think if the online store was shipping 3-5 days then the retail stores would have them by now. Hopefully soon. Interesting that MN has them but not Tysons.

4. jaronbrass macrumors newbie

I'm in NoVA as well, and despite being privy to internal information, nobody in the retail channel has been able to narrow down the distribution schedules. I've checked with all of the NoVA stores and they're not stocked yet. I've alerted the managers, and pulled a favor with my closest stores (namely Clarendon and Pentagon City) to call me when they arrive in stock. I'll do my best to temper my excitement and post here if I hear anything before you two do.

My online order was placed late Tuesday last week, and it has yet to ship.

I re-checked stock this afternoon.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

That would be much appreciated. I don't know how it happened that I'm so anxious over a freaking keyboard but waiting for stock to arrive is really driving me crazy.

6. jaronbrass macrumors newbie

We're both in the same boat. I'm very anxious to get my hands on one to complement my Mac Pro and to use in my "office" with my MacBook Pro. I test drove one at the Clarendon store and I like the feel of it.

On top of my personal desire to have one, I also have my Apple Federal customers that are wanting to see them along with the new iMac. My manager has mentioned that a demo iMac is forthcoming. I can't wait.

7. Platonist macrumors member

Platonist

I have spoken to our local store (Ann Arbor, MI) and they claim to have no idea when they will get the wired 'boards in stock. Another Apple store about 45 miles away claims the same thing. I ordered mine online direct from Apple last Wednesday and it shipped today. Perhaps this means you might be seeing them in stores soon...

8. jaronbrass macrumors newbie

To those in the NoVA area:

Tyson's Corner has the new wired keyboards in stock. iRaced over in rush hour traffic from DC and snagged 5, though they still have a number in the back cages.

Just FYI. Get 'em while they're hot!

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Thanks for the heads up. I'll jump in in the A.M.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

11. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Got one. Tysons had 5 on the floor. Who knows how many in back. I suspect all Apple stores will get them today if they haven't rec'd them them yet. I love this thing. It does take a little getting use to coming from the previous keyboard but honestly I type a lot faster with the new one. Increased productivity is a good thing.