Any streaming devices with component cable?

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I have a semi-old home theater set up (2005) with a projector, A/V receiver, speakers, etc. Since it's a little dated, it does not have HDMI connections. I'd like to not spend thousands on a new projector and receiver but am not having any luck finding a Blu ray player or any device that can stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc., with component hook ups.

Has anyone seen any?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I have a semi-old home theater set up (2005) with a projector, A/V receiver, speakers, etc. Since it's a little dated, it does not have HDMI connections. I'd like to not spend thousands on a new projector and receiver but am not having any luck finding a Blu ray player or any device that can stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc., with component hook ups.

Has anyone seen any?
The first Rokus had component out and support Netflix and Amazon.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Have you checked out any HDMI-to-Component converters? Kanex, Monoprice, a few others make them. I used one to get AppleTV HDMI into an old projector with analog only inputs, worked pretty well.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Have you checked out any HDMI-to-Component converters? Kanex, Monoprice, a few others make them. I used one to get AppleTV HDMI into an old projector with analog only inputs, worked pretty well.
I would assume that those converters don't support HDCP?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.