Any student discount for iWork??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Poisoned1, May 23, 2011.

1. Poisoned1 macrumors member

Hey there, I am a college student and recently got a mba. At my university I can purchase Win7 and Office for really cheap with student discount, but they don't offer iWork at all. I was wondering if anyone know if there's anywhere students can purchase iWork at some sort of discounted price. A while ago I bought Office from this site that gave discount to students, was wondering if there was such a thing for iWork. Thanks for helpful replies.

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Apple's education store sells it for 8 bucks less than usually, 71 bucks instead of 78. thats the best you are going to do I suspect.

3. josephbusti macrumors newbie

You can get it through the Mac App Store on your mac for $59.97 ($19.99/app). Thats the cheapest way I know of.

4. Poisoned1 thread starter macrumors member

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, check out your university/college bookstore. Sometimes they will have better deals than Apple's online education store. The bookstore at UCF had it for $49 when I went there. I think the trick is that Apple doesn't really check with the online store, but they know for sure you have to have a student ID at the college bookstore, so they're willing to drop the price more.

jW

6. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

+1
    I saved a bundle of money shopping at the campus book/estore. OP, it is worth looking into! iWork is $39-$49 on my campus.

7. Poisoned1 thread starter macrumors member

I checked with my school bookstore. They do not sell iWork :(
    I'm going to just buy them off of the app store for the $20 each.

8. mmduluth macrumors regular

My college bookstore doesn't sell iWork but they sell MS Office for Windows and Mac for $50.

9. marc11 macrumors 68000

Good thing they offer that discount for education based on the math above :p

10. mmduluth macrumors regular

lmao!