any suggestion to upload video to youtube

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by roslee7, Apr 18, 2010.

1. roslee7 macrumors regular

i wanna upload my video to youtube. any suggestion? I am using canon ixus 100 hi definition video 720p. Last time, i did upload in hi definition for 5 mins video and it tooks me like 5-6 hrs to upload. But the quality is awesome. Should i just export it to mpeg 4 format and choose 480x360 or SD format for faster upload? Is it really necessary to upload in hi definition?
    I have a question..if i upload in hi definition setting 1280x760 and also 480 x360 format. is there any different between this two? i means when someone opens the video...is it will be faster streaming in 480x360 or the same? coz sometimes they dont have fast internet also. any advice

2. natlinxz macrumors newbie

Uploading in High Definition not only affects users watching in HD, but in Standard Definition as well! The standard definition stream looks much cleaner when the original video file was HD. Uploading in High Definition also helps make your video stand out amongst the countless hours of footage uploaded every minute. I realize uploading HD content takes a long time, but it is worth it in the end.

3. roslee7 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your info. its true that Hi definition quality is awesome and have positive image on your video. I have a question. Does any effect on opening the HD video ? compare to Low setting? i mean the time taken to open the stream video on youtube? or is the same?

4. natlinxz macrumors newbie

The youtube player for HD video is the same one used for SD video, so loading the youtube app won't take any longer. Loading the video, however, will take at least twice as long. Youtube processes the videos a lot before they are viewed, so you don't need to worry about the compression type or anything, just the quality.

5. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

college or government connection

I upload to youtube at my college and I can upload a gigabyte video in 5 mins or less. I guess they have a T3 line or Fibre optic line. It's stupid fast.

Could you get access to that?

6. roslee7 thread starter macrumors regular

nope, i live in singapore and my cable modem at home is 10 mbps. The 5 mins video in HD size can be like 900mb and tooks like 4-5 hrs to upload to youtube.

7. roslee7 thread starter macrumors regular

8. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

change your link to a public link. right now it makes it so I go to MY profile. :D

9. roslee7 thread starter macrumors regular