Any suggestions after netbook stolen?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by squeeks, May 23, 2011.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

My parents had their netbook stolen in Spain yesterday; It was brand new i still have the box with the serial number and all that good stuff, unfortunately i let them take it without any security software installed on it. They are usually very careful with their belongings and don’t let anything out of their site.

Is there anything I can do with the SN or anywhere I can report what happened? They didn’t report it to the local authorities because they were on their way to a cruise and already onboard and left by the time they realized it was missing.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You're likely out of luck. They can still file a police report when they get back; but for a $300 netbook (or whatever) it probably won't help much.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Ask them to check their insurance. Travel insurance (if they have one) usually covers stolen items too.

4. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

They usually do get travel insurance when they go to europe, so we'll prolly go that route.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You might also want to check with the credit card they used to pay for it. Most offer some sort of buyers protection. Hope your parents enjoy the rest of their vacation in spite of the theft.