Any suggestions for a desk?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Jan 2, 2008.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

I was looking around at a lot of MBP desktop setups...and I was curious if anyone could recommend (with store/link) a desk that matches the color or close to the mbp...or anything that looks nice. I want the setup to be in my wife and I bedroom. So the desk would be have to be conservative. Thanks to anyone who helps with any suggestions.

2. bimmerchop macrumors regular

i like a lot of the stuff ikea sells. Just picked up a nice desk not too long ago. I would post up a link of pic, but I'm on my touch right now. Check out their site though, might find something you like. www.ikea.com. :)

3. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Big table. BIIIIGGGG.

No **** underneath.

Sticky-backed velcro cable ties.

Job's a goodun.

:cool:

4. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

any other suggestions? i liked the small metal tables that were small in the thread on the first page of the mbp set ups...

5. Octobot macrumors regular

Octobot

Milk Desk

The best desk for a Mac (well at least the best looking).. I know exactly what you need.. that is, if money is not an issue ;)

warning.. link may induce drooling..
    http://www.milk.dk/

6. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Nah, style over substance. Why would anyone want a dirty great pillar in the middle where their legs are supposed to go??? :confused:

Look, believe me, just get a big table with loads of space and no ***** underneath to get in the way. You won't regret it, honestly. There's nothing worse than not having enough space for papers, books, pens, elbows, mouse pad etc etc.

Simple is good. Something like this (although not necessarily this colour, obviously):

Attached Files:

7. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

That thing is hideous oh,man How could you like that!

I agree with Marky_Mark just get a simple large table.

8. Kelly™ macrumors regular

-chokes on drink-
    O M F G, sold. <.< >.>

9. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

I agree with this. It will look really good, with no crap to get on your way. I just bought a really cheap desk because I will be moving this year and can't take it with me, it's just a plain desk with a powerbar and USB hub built in on the back of it, which is actually ingenious and I love it (the powerbar in particular).

10. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

How much does that thing cost...it is freaking amazing:eek:

11. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

12. Paul Wright macrumors regular

Paul Wright

true... and i would say get a huge table with nothing underneath, you really wont regret it.

13. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/460625243_a2fbb9e70a_m.jpg

The above link is the exact Ikea desk that I have, but they probably don't make it any longer. I would show you my setup but am in the middle of a project and it's pretty messy.:p

The pros of a desk like this is that it's big! You can fit a lot of work on it, and mine also has the Dell 2407 along with the MPB sitting on the Griffin stand and the wireless keyboard (latest). Underneath are sitting one of my printers (I have 3 for different needs), a shredder and one of those realist-Mac trash cans.

The cons are that it's BIG--you can fit too much on it! Also, although the glass is frosted you'll need a laser pad to go with the mouse. Not a problem since I'm using a Wacom tablet much of the time.

The desk is very modern, looks great ina traditional or modern setting too. The titanium color coordinates perfectly with the MBP and the rest of my stuff.

BTW, I picked it up from a Craigslist seller for $50.:D

14. Kelly™ macrumors regular