Any suggestions for a mouse and keyboard?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Andrew Ryan, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Andrew Ryan macrumors newbie

I recently ordered a nice imac for editing purposes, but I despise the miniature keyboard and magic mouse. Not sure why apple thinks its a good idea to pair a keyboard the size of a cell phone with their 27" imac.

Anyways, I have looked over a few websites, and can't really find one I like. I wasn't aware that keyboards couldn't be used for any OS, as the logitech I have is the one I'd prefer.

I am using this for writing and editing purposes, if that matters,

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If the one you have is the one you prefer, why are you asking for other suggestions? Just use the one you have.

3. Andrew Ryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not compatible. I tried.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Any keyboard works with any OS. Which model do you have?

5. Andrew Ryan thread starter macrumors newbie

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboard-and-Keyboard-Mice/K350-wireless-keyboard-on-a-Mac/td-p/385517
    http://logitech.lithium.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboard-Mice/K350-and-the-Mac/td-p/474907

Typically, any mouse or keyboard works with any OS. Where you run into compatibility issues is with advanced functions, such as programming buttons and keys.

7. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Assuming that still doesn't cut it for you, mind laying out for us just what you like in a keyboard? Is size the main thing? Shape? Color? Keyswitches? What is it about the Logitech you're happy with?

What is it you're not happy with about the Apple keyboard? Is it just the thinness? Is it the lack of the number pad and separate home/forward delete keys? Do you prefer those rubber dome things to scissor switches?