Any suggestions on attracting visitors to a new form?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Tholian, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Tholian macrumors member

Hi All

Seems like this might be a touchy topic to ask on someone else's forum, so I'll try to be a little discreet. I was wondering how one would go about attracting visitor's to a newly established forum. It is a little bit of a catch-22, people do not visit since they do not know about it, no posts means no reason to visit and so on. I have started a page with a few friends, it is not like we are trying to make a lot of money, were really just doing it for fun and experience. Any ideas would be great.

http://thesolutionguys.com/forum

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

so what. are you asking to post on your forum?

Put it on google. Add it to your email/other websites sig.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Look into SEO (search engine optimization). Also casually mentioning it on other web sites can be a decent way to advertise. Just make sure it's appropriate when you provide the link. Talking about it here in this forum is fine from my stand point. And like mentioned, add the site to the various search engines so it gets indexed.

4. Mitou macrumors regular

As already mentionned let people know about it in other related forums. After all birds of feathers look for other birds. Put your link in your signature and help another forum with your insight on the topic they will appreciate it and you will get some exposure. Ask for link exchange with other sites that have relevance to what you do.