Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by elpmas, Sep 17, 2009.

1. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I want an Apple laptop, but I don't know which one I should start out with...If you have any suggestions, they are more than welcome :p

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

All depends on what you need to use it for. While all Macs are very nice computers (very fast, come with great software, etc.), some are more powerful than others and offer other hardware features (e.g. the MacBook Pro has multitouch, LED screen, etc.).

Just the standard MacBook is a great choice for starters. It's the least expensive Mac notebook right now, and it works very well. But if you think you need some extra "oomph", certainly a 13" MacBook Pro would take care of it. It all comes down to how much power you need, and how much you're willing to spend. Either way, you'll end up with a great machine, far better than any PC you've ever owned.

3. m3izero macrumors newbie

4. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

It would help to say what you'll be using it for. Surfing/email? Video editing? ...?

5. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

Sorry about not being so specific :D
    I want to use it for browsing the net, watching movies and gaming...lol.

6. chrisdaly1 macrumors newbie

as you are surfing the net - light work etc etc i would go for a macbook (white polycarbonate casing). This is the cheapest laptop apple make and it will be fine for your use. However if you want a gaming machiene you should really go for a higher end macbook pro or even an imac

7. brendu macrumors 68020

macs are not great for gaming... if you want to game alot then i would suggest a PC or the 15"MBP or iMac with discrete graphics options. If you plan on doing little / light gaming, then for all your other needs the MacBook is a great machine and you wont be upset. Be aware that apple MIGHT.. keyword being MIGHT be updating the MacBook in the coming weeks, but that is just speculation. They also MIGHT be lowering the entry level MacBook prices too... so you MIGHT want to wait for a few weeks to see what happens, if you can.

8. elpmas thread starter macrumors 68000

elpmas

Woah, if that's the case then I would rather wait :D