Any Suggestios Apple Claiming Water Damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stuart21, May 12, 2011.

1. Stuart21 macrumors member

My macbook pro all of a sudden wouldn't turn on one morning. I took into apple and they claim water damage. I never spilt water on it so I was kind of pissed but I figured i take it in to a local shop rather then give apple 700 dollars. They took it apart and said they didnt see any signs of water damage by just glancing over it. He said that apple is bad about just claiming water damage when the board is fried. He suggested that I keep bringing in to get repaired until I get a tech guy who is actually going to fix it since it's under warranty. Has anyone had similar problems and have suggestions?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Apple will not claim there is water damage unless there is visible damage or the moisture sensors have been tripped (they're a set of small disks that turn pink if there is more than a certain level of moisture). It's not worth it to them to risk a false claim. Even if you didn't spill anything on it, did you ever have it in a very humid environment, or leave it with someone else for any period of time?

jW

3. Stuart21 thread starter macrumors member

I live with bunch of guys and none of them said they didn't spill anything on it. It was never in a very humid environment. One day I just tried to turn it on and it would not come on. When I take it apart I can't locate any water sensors. Where should I be looking to see if one went off?

4. Blipp macrumors 6502

Yeeeah, I'm going to bet that this is your problem right there. I've never once heard of Apple falsely claiming moisture damage and it should be pretty easy to prove if they're wrong or not.

5. Stuart21 thread starter macrumors member

Well my laptop stays in my room on a desk so lt's very unlikely someone spilt water on it. I used it Saturady night turned it off. Took it with me to my parents and it would not turn on. I just wanted to see if there's a way I can check to see if there's water damage or not. If theres water damage then then I will bite the bullet and replace the logic board. But I would rather save 600 dollars if possible.

6. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

BS. I've been told by a genius my Magsafe had water damage when I pointed out the pins were pushed in and not springing out. She looked me in the eye and lied. It happens.

OP. Keep fighting them... make them prove the warranty is not valid. Make them show EVIDENCE! Don't let some of these corporate kissazzes here discourage you.