Any T-Mobile iPhone users in Portland, OR

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronm99, Jun 11, 2014.

1. ronm99 macrumors 6502

I live in Portland, OR and I was planning on switching to T-Mobile when the next iPhone comes out.

I'm a little worried about coverage, and I was wondering how happy other T-Mobile customers are with their iPhones in Portland?

Are phone calls reliable? How about data?

Thanks!

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

My sister lives in Portland (close to Beaverton). I have AT&T iPhone 5 and 5s and T-Mobile iPad mini with Retina Display. When I visited her in December, iPad mini (T-Mobile) got pretty significantly worse coverage throughout, from her home, Washington mall, Reed University, and PDX airport. No LTE, often in EDGE.

3. campyguy macrumors 68040

I'm in PDX and have a few friends with T-Mo. Coverage is good, but I can barely understand them when talking with them during normal calls (pretty good through Facetime voice calls, tho'). A couple of them are switching to Go Phone plans next month.

Eastside seems generally good for data, not so much Westside and NoPo. I'm using VZW, and their data speeds have tanked recently - when I lived in SE (near the Ross Island Bridge) I got a GNex and signed up for a $30 T-Mo prepaid SIM, and I wasn't happy with T-Mo. I won't sign up for T-Mo anytime soon... my 2¢.

4. P A U L macrumors member

I live in Tanasbourne/Beaverton and commute to work in North Portland.. coverage has greatly improved since last year, thanks to the new CEO and what not.

All along highway 26, 405, and 5, I get strong LTE coverage, some dead spots near Cedar Hills exit along 26 (4-5 bars of LTE to 4-5 bars of 4G and it'll change again once I pass the exit).

I also have a Verizon iPhone 5s and notice most of the time when both have LTE coverage, the T-Mobile speeds are faster (I get 20+ mbps daily and get up to 50+ overnight) while Verizon speeds aren't anything to brag about... (I get 5-10 mbps daily and get up to 20+ overnight).

Just remember, coverage will improve overtime. :)