Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
If I visit Honk Kong and decide to buy a Mac form over there, then where can I buy one? Are there any Apple Stores? Secondly how much tax is applicable over there? Basically what overheads do I have to pay apart from the listed price on the Apple HK website?

cleung

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Hong Kong
There is no sales tax in HK. However, depending on where you're located, theoretically you'd have to declare it when you enter your country and pay tax at customs.

There are no Apple Stores here other than the online store but the Designer Group is one of the authorized resellers here.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
So lets say I go to HK for a holiday or for a few days, then how can I buy the Mac? I am sure it would be better to go to the reseller so that I can get it immediately? So I buy it for the the listed price (i.e say $9500) only without any tax or overheads, open it up to check if it works and if it is a laptop, bring it home while carrying it? Because there will be no taxes in my home country at the customs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.