Any textmate fans?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maflynn, Sep 16, 2009.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've used and like textmate but given the fact that version 2 is over 3 years overdue anyone still using it?

I prefer textmate over BBedit because its a smaller editor. It comes up quicker and does what I want. I'd prefer textmate but given the vaporware status, I'm not sure if it will ever see the light of day.

As an aside, my favorite editor on the peecee - ultraedit should be coming to OSX as somepoint. They're putting the finishing touches on the linux version and promised an osx version shortly after that.

2. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

I still use TextMate. I'm not actively looking for the new version because the current one does basic text editing just fine with no bugs that I can see. If I use a text editor, I want it bare bones.

TextMate does handle large files very well -- even when most other editors crash. I often need to examibe 100+ MB XML files and TextMate is one of few editors that can handle it. So I'm OK with no updates.

3. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

I use TextMate quite heavily; it's one of my favorite editors. The only problem I've run into recently is that it fails miserably when trying to run scripts (PHP, Ruby, etc) on SL when booted into K64 but that's fairly easy to work around.